Saturday, May 15, 2010

Runescape Bits is looking for Help!

After 8 months of existence, I think that the time to expand this blog has finally come. Runescape Bits will remain a blog and (smallish)community like it was in the past, new blog posts will pop up like they were before,  etc... The main addition however, will be of a new collection of useful rs guides that I want to put up, if people are willing to help in exchange for free membership to rs. I have nice dreams of where this Blog/Fansite is going, and a good vision to back up these wild dreams!

Believe it or not, this runescape blog has grown quite a bit in the past few weeks. So far - and not long ago, the record for most unique visitors in one day increased at 443 visits in 24 hours! (shown below) -  that's a 2'009% increase over the usual numbers!!! The traffic has since slowly bounced back to 40-50 unique visitors a day, but that is still more than the usual 10 uniques a day I was getting =D

Runescape Website Popularity

This has had the effect of motivating me to push the site even more. And since I'm working my butt off in two different full-time jobs - doing more than 80 hours a week, I've decided to open up staff positions for those interested to help this fansite grow. It's pretty much on a voluntary basis, with me paying out your rs membership for you. I will send you a pin code each month, perhaps with other prizes too.

Guide Writers; I would need around 2 or 3 guide writers. For now, you can write guides of about just anything, but later on we will specialize on everything f2p-related, as well as everything pking/wilderness/pure related. Naturally, I would like guide/article writers to be good in writing, but you don't have to be perfect either. Infact, even if you're not a good writer but want to become one, I will take you on with pleasure, help you, give some tips, feedback, etc...Everything has a start to it. And by the way, my school teachers were always impressed with my extraordinary writing, despite that I failed their classes =D. I will pay your runescape membership every month if you write me 5+/- guides (500 words +) every 4 weeks. Feel free to write the guides with your own writing style and opinions.

Skill Stat Signature Makers; Many fansites have branded their own skill stat signatures. With these gadgets, you can see your character's updated stats in a banner. It is useful for forum users and acts as a great promotional tool for fansites. I don't know how to make these yet, but If you do then feel free to contact me.

Other Help Needed; If you think that you can help in any one way or another in exchange for a monthly runescape membership, then feel free to drop me a line with your ideas. I'm interested in working with pixel artists, video makers, associations with clans, rs bloggers, other fansites and more!

Don't be shy to ask any questions you might have considering rs guide writing or anything else. If you apply in the comment box, don't forget to mention your e-mail adress. If you don't want the comment to be published for everyone else to see, then say ''Do not publish'' in your comment, and only I will see it... Cheers!

If you liked this post, you may want to Subscribe to Weekly Updates!

0 comments:

Post a Comment