Monday, November 29, 2010

Perseverence, Gigantic posts and A new Petition

Based on my rs blogging experience so far acquired, I can affirm that reading someone else's posts is much easier than staring at a blank page & trying to create something coherent out of it. Expressing your views online can be fun. But when it comes down to planning and writing it down, all of a sudden ideas get stuck and I loose interest. This brings me to the first subject, perseverance. How do you persevere? How do you stay motivated? When I'm in front of a computer especially, this is a big issue for me. How do you acquire that perseverance when you're supposed to type on a computer of which you have the whole web at your fingertips?

Two guys that I try to take example from - and check them out by the way - are Vaskor of Runescape Reader's Digest and Silentc0re (Dan), editor of his popular rs video guides. I can estimate that Vaskor has a couple of hundred posts (perhaps 200-300 who knows?) since he's started in 07, and systematically submits a new post almost every two days while Dan has got a staggering 95 video guide uploads! Don't get me wrong, but what these two have done is big work! My own love of writing is there already. What I think I need to find out is how to get the drive , the motivation to stop what I'm currently wasting in time over the web and start writing. Because as soon as I've written a couple of sentences, the snowball effect easily gets me going. So if any of you have any motivation tips, how to stay motivated in front of a computer or just in general, It would be very nice to share them. These can then be used not only in writing but in many different areas of life and daily life. So if you've got some advice then it would be fun if you can share that through a blog post (if you have a weblog), otherwise just do so in the comments.

And I almost forgot Merch Gwyar !, she is another living proof of perseverance (as well as an amazing example of good writing!).

Gigantic Posts and a New Petition?

Yes! Lately, I've been working pretty hard on a new guide, which will be the first of a series of pvp guides and tutorials tailored to beginners and experts alike. I started playing runescape very soon after rs2 came out (in 04 I think), dumping my main account in as little time as 3 weeks after joining runescape - And soon I found myself creating pures, conceiving pvp/wilderness strategies and more - things I still enjoy doing nowadays but never really got a chance to talk about. So stay tuned tomorrow for a record-braking *drumrolls please* . . . Three-thousand-four hundred words guide [now released] check out the new f2p range pure guide!

About the petition, I don't know why I even put that in the title! There is one planned but you'll have to wait a couple more days as it deserves a whole new post on it's own. If you have any tips on motivation or if you've written about it somewhere, please let me know, it will be greatly appreciated!

If you liked this post, you may want to Subscribe to Weekly Updates!

0 comments:

Post a Comment