Saturday, October 1, 2011

Halloween Event Guide 2011 (Deathcon 2)

The RuneScape Halloween 2011 Event (Deathcon 2) takes place at clan citadels, near Rimmington. Citadels are located just west of the chicken pen in Falador and North of Port Sarim. You will see a gift icon right where you're supposed to start the halloween event. Follow this walktrough if you want to save time.

RS Halloween 2011 Event
Time Taken: Short - Medium (15 Minutes)
Difficulty - (Medium)
Rewards :  Deathcon T-shirt, The "Living on Borrowed" Emote, and an hourglass (p2p only).

Speak to Frank outside the clan Camp's west entrance

He will give you a Deathcon Lanyard which gives you access to the portal. Once that is done, go through the blue citadel portal JUST EAST of Frank

Once that you've entered the portal, head WEST, and look for the first yellow dot on the map. That statue/Person is called "Beauty" - talk to her.

Go through the conversation text. At some point, she asks you which statue should we pick to begin with. I'd say go with the order they give you, but as long as you associate these ones together it doesn't matter;

Death's - Green Dragon
Famine - Giant Spider
Frank's - Glacor
Pestilence's - Skeleton
War - Demon Warlord

Now that they're all set, go back to the red portal where you came from (do not exit that). Look for the brick blocks on the outside called "Statue Plinth", you will need to click those and choose a character for each. Start with the first Plinth North-West and work your way east and eventually south. Here is the order on what to click for each Plinth;

1. Pestilences's
2. Frank's
3. Death's
4. Famine's
5. War's

Now go talk with Beauty/the statue again and tell her that you're done. Follow the path west and take the first right. Go north all the way up until you see a giant room with a podium and benches (similar to what a senate would look like in real life). Go on the second floor by clicking on the mini map and up the stairs.

Then talk to infinity, the DJ spider that you see. You might want to read the text and not simply skim throught it, jagex actually came up with a nice story on this one. After talking to that spider (Infinity), she will hand you a dance floor manual. You will then need to complete the pumpkin puzzle below.


Pumpkin Puzzle

Pumpkin Puzzle
Once you've completed the pumpkin puzzle as shown in the screenie, talk to the spider again. Choose the last option - asking her to check if what you did is correct.

Congratulations, you're almost done now! Climb up the stairs (located the corner of the room you're in). You will find Frank in the northern-most part of the room. Speak to him tell him that you will help him out

He will then teleport you to a chicken and fireworks puzzle in which you control the chicken and have to make him explode all four fireworks. The chicken moves ONLY in "L" patterns of 3 squares, just like a knight does in the game of chess. This is the easiest puzzle, when you're done speak to frank again. By the way, if you're placed on the right square next to the fireworks and clicking doesn't work, try clicking several times in several manners.

Now you're done! Go find the Grim Reaper outside. He is located in a tent, all the way south west from when you exit the building. Another way to find him is from the time you enter the portal, go west all the way (past statue) till you see the tent with a dog at it's entrance. So the rewards for this year's halloween are the following ;

Reward # 1: Deathcon T-shirt - a boring t-shirt at first sight... though when you close it up it reminds me of stone cold Steve Austin Somehow .. 3:16 baby! .
Reward # 2 : The "Living on Borrowed" Emote. I don't use emotes much, but a cool emote none the less.
Reward # 3 : Hourglass ... You need to be a member for this one. I've seen my buddy's hourglass and he says he can't do anything with it. So probably skip on this one if you're thinking about buying a membership... unless of course you're a hardcore player!

Also, it seems that there will be a special event this Halloween (on the 29th that is). Will there be another reward waiting around? This is the first time that runescape makes an event into an event.

I hope you liked it... By the way, what are you doing for this Halloween's? For me Halloween rhymes with hitting up on chicks at school. In runescape, I get to do some awesome pking every halloween weekend. If you're ready for it/want to join then let me know, we could organize something! Cheers everyone!

What are you doing for Halloween?

If you liked this post, you may want to Subscribe to Weekly Updates!

40 comments:

Anonymous said...

Playing rs for halloween event! Rawr!

Anonymous said...

well it can't be to great scents they got rid of the drops & now we get crap stuff ,oh look at my zero money thing a got for Halloween,uh yeah look at my party hat worth 200 billions. oh yeah i'm excited to spend $ 10.00 as a member to get junk.runescape is a sell out , all about money not the fun & excitement for the players any more just look at the crap they are putting out like the USA katana sword wow what junk.

Anonymous said...

the portal for halloween event probably starts at clan camp.

Anonymous said...

the katana is uk only dude get ur facts right

Anonymous said...

this event was easy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! other than infinity. he was ***.

Anonymous said...

hurry up put the quest help on plz :)

Anonymous said...

what does the pumkin look like?

Alexander said...

Alright the Guide is finally done. I did take me 4-5 hours longer than last year but that's because I was being locked up at work!

Images and puzzles have been posted, to those who asked for help previously, the quest should now be easy since I've posted pictures.. let me know if I made a mistake. If you need assistance post a comment (try putting your rs name). Cheers!

Edit: Almost forgot, let me know what you're doing this halloween/Halloween weekend, is there anyone planning to go pking? Cheers!

Anonymous said...

got a bunch of pink paul franks (ecstacy) and bout to go to a rave top that btw add me on runescape names Vunten 99 range

Anonymous said...

gay quest... KillTheeFast ingame....

Alexander said...

@t Vunten 99

Awesome lol, that's pretty much what I did last year, minus the pills. I'm adding you ingame

Anonymous said...

NIKKY IS THE HOTTEST GIRL I HAVE EVER MET IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. WHO ELSE HERE THINKS THAT NIKKY SHOULD BE MY E-GF??????????!?!?!?I JIZZ EVERY TIME I TALK TO NIKKY. SHE MAKES ME SO FAKIN HORNY.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...

the katana is uk only dude get ur facts right
^
on the above comment, you need to get your facts straight. I live in the U.S. and I bought a 3 month card from gamestop. Guess who got a Katana? I did.

Anonymous said...

Great help, Thank-you

Anonymous said...

rs is becoming more greedy...they want more money money MONEY. Citadels are only for members...I mean...COME ON!

Anonymous said...

awesome guide thanks

Anonymous said...

Great thanks for the pumpkin :D

Anonymous said...

1. Pestilences's
2. Frank's
3. Death's
4. Famine's
5. War's


this is wrong as it says Famine doesnt want to be next to Death.

therefore
1. Pestilences's
2. Frank's
3. Death's
4. war's
5. Famine's
is correct

Alexander said...

@ Anonymous for sequence order ;

I've went to check it out and it confirms that my original version is correct. I'm sure of that because I can clearly remember the statue/npc/beauty telling me that War's needs to be close to the battle (i.e. on the south-west extrimity).

It's nice of people like you thought that are kind enough to come back and help (even if you weren't right for this time). Thanks for the input.

Let me know if it worked, cheers!

mikepokemon9 said...

lolz i think it's far with the citadel's cuz members disreve it cuz they paid to have more things and shit so i dont see y everyones mad and pissed off but any ways this was over all fun event 4 me :D

Anonymous said...

dudes, the katana is a wordwide thing for cards. it was australian before. before that, american, and at one stage, england

Anonymous said...

Thankyou for guide dude

Anonymous said...

I'm up for pking i'm lvl 104 add me BIood King

Lys said...

Dude, I can't find the freaking Grim Reaper. >.< I feel like such a fail I finished everything and now I just can't find where to collect. LOL.

Alexander said...

@ Anonymous - you're welcome
@ Blood king , will get on this weekend ill pm you then for pking
@Alice xox, it's south west on the map, you must enter a house/tent and go to the end of it. Or leave the portal to go back on the real world (where you started the event), re-enter the portal and go west all the way. Grim Reaper is in the tent where there is a dog outside.

Anonymous said...

This was a great help, thanks.
Next, I'll ask the question, does anyone remember the 2007 christmas event? the one with the snowmen? that was an event worth going to, it was really fun. Why do all the events now have to give a costume and an emote? It's a scam, I'm kinda dissapointed.

Lys said...

Thanks - really appreciate it! Found him. (: Silly me, I must have just read your post wrong, and my laptop screen likes to go all pixel-y on runescape on the mini map and chatbox, so I couldn't figure it out for myself based off of what Frank told me. Thanks for posting the guide too. :D

Anonymous said...

Take a look at my suggestion in the forums for next year, support or just leave a comment if you have an idea for it. in game is Rkainjel. thread title is Halloween 2012. quickfind code is 185-186-366-63248261.

DEATHS SOUL said...

I'm gonna kill that dang chicken, cant get that ****ING last firework !!!

Anonymous said...

STUPIED CHICKEN! IM HAVING ISSUES!!!! D:

Anonymous said...

i want to make Alice xox scream my name

Anonymous said...

Good Guide....guide doesnt explain where Death is very well but it was awesome besides that. Liked the humor throughout too.

Anonymous said...

I solved all the puzzles in like 2mins without any guide but can't figure out frank's. I suck at chess. I know how to move the chicken, but its hard to get him to the fireworks. My in game name is: Cado Deus lvl 115 (Latin for fallen God)

Anonymous said...

I figured it out just took me awhile
--Cado

Alexander said...

I've updated the instructions for finding Grim Reaper, now some are having trouble with the chicken..I had too. If you are 3 squares away (in an L shape) from the fireworks, you are at the right place. If the click does not go trough(seems to happen a lot), try clicking on several places on the square and the fireworks till the click registers correctly. After some tries, it should work

Queenmistyme said...

Thanks for the help !! It was great :o)

Anonymous said...

This is incomplete. There's a second part to this, starting yesterday. It's a scavenger hunt.

conscience girl said...

Stop cursing on this !!!!!!! I mean it just makes u sound stupid and crude!!!!!!!

Wafflenator said...

yea what does hunt give

Wafflenator said...

yeah whats the prize

Post a Comment