Thursday, October 29, 2009

Runescape Graphics are too Beautifull!

It's been a little while I've logged in Runescape as you can tell, and I come to find that the graphics in runescape are too beautiful seriously. Worse even, there is no way to go back to the previously more square-like graphics. Furthermore, it seems to have slowed the game, or at least for me. The game is somewhat less responsive than before when playing from my computer.

What games really need in my point of view is content, not graphics. The game of chess for example is amongst the world's most played games in real life but also on the internet - if a game has a nice concept then the graphics won't matter. And when my friend calls me to play on his icebox 360 or whatever you call it, I still can't find that old fun I had with the Nintendo 64 and PlayStation one classics.

I don't know how many of you got fooled by Jagex's graphic updates. Graphic updates are not game improving updates, they are merely there to seduce new graphic-hungry players that are discovering the game. And by the way, speaking of discovering games, I was just thinking of playing runescape classic since the wilderness is still there at least, the good old wildy as we know it. But aparently there are a few requirements including that your account must have been created in 2005 or so. So I will look deeper into it and make a new post sometime soon about joining and playing in runescape classic. So a question to players - what do you think of graphic updates in runescape, do you like to have simple or fancy graphics? let me know

If you liked this post, you may want to Subscribe to Weekly Updates!

0 comments:

Post a Comment